Welcome to One Busy Momma! The Blog for Busy Moms by one Busy Mom.....

Welcome to my blog. One Busy Momma is my space to rant about my life and the things that happen in it. I have a crazy life - and instead of focusing on the crazy - I like to focus on the funny. Because if I focused on the craziness - well, I'd have been shipped off to an institution long, long ago. And while, I'll admit, there are some days when being institutionalized sounds PRETTY GOOD compared to making ANOTHER diorama at 1am - I'd rather be right where I am - in my messy house with my not so perfect kids making crooked dioramas in the middle of the night.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Ahhhh...Valentines Day


Happy, Happy Valentines Day my peeps! First of all, I have to extend my most sincere thanks to everyone who read the last post and left beautiful comments on FB or called or came up to me and gave me a big hug. It really meant the world to me. PC and I are doing ok. We have good days and bad days. Today is a good day. And the good news is that the good days are slowly starting to outnumber the bad days. And once again - today is a good day.

Why, you ask, is today a good day? Oh - so many reasons my loyal readers and pals. So many reasons! First of all, last night was one of my FAVORITE nights of the year. First of all, it was Will's Blue and Gold Banquet and he earned a boatload of belt loops for Cub Scouts - and as any good Tiger Mother knows - the more belt loops the better! But, sadly, that is not what made my night SPECTACULAR. No - what made my night absoulutely freaking SPECTACULAR was the Grammy Award Show. Also known in my house as "The FREAK of All FREAK Shows". And last night did NOT disappoint.

Where to begin?????? Now, I am briefly going to discuss my favorite freaky moments - but I am purposely NOT discussing Lady Gaga. She will get her own post tomorrow or the next day. There is just waaay too much good stuff there. The ONLY thing I will say about her is this: Last night totally cemented her in as my personal hero (besides my mom that is...as she has taken to reading the blog of late. Love you MJ!) and I now bow down and worship at the altar of Gaga. But that's ENOUGH...stay tuned for my tribute to all things Gaga.





OK - my FAVORITE sound bite of the night came when Seth Green was talking about all of the "new things he'd seen" at the grammys and what a "spectacular time" he was having "and that was all backstage while getting high with Miley Cyrus"!!!! PRICELESS.





The fashion was surprisingly tame - on the whole. I will give a shout out to the night's worst dressed celebrity: Niki Minage.(Whoever she is) I honestly don't know what she was thinking...but it was a spectacularly hot mess. And I loved it. Hair and all!




But my FAVORITE Freaky Moment was courtesy of no other than - you guessed it: CeeLo Green and Gweneth "I-can-do-no-wrong" Paltrow. OH MY GOD! What was THAT?????????? The only thing I could think of was The Muppet Show. Was he channeling his inner Elton John? And what was her excuse? Those feather earrings? I think I had them in the 7th grade.The whole number was so out there - so ridiculous - that it made my entire night!



Seriously. Priceless.

Yes, there were other surprising moments - like when Justin Boober, I mean Beiber, danced surprisingly well with Usher. I will admit - the kid IS talented. I did NOT like the Bob Dylan thing at all - he sounded and looked SO old. Now, I realize that is because he IS in fact pretty old. But - it still made me sad. I fell asleep before Babs performed and I missed Mick Jagger. It seems to me like last night's show was a mix between geriatric performers, teeney boppers and total and complete freaks - that's all I'm sayin. I'm SUPER happy that Eminem won a Grammy - as he is on my list - that makes him all the more appealing to me. Yes, Eminem is on my 'list" along with Steven Tyler, Paul Rudd, Josh Duhmel, Daniel Craig and of course - Jon Bon Jovi. Just deal with it.

Another reason that today is a good day is that it is Valentine's Day and my husband gave me the most AMAZING, from-the-heart, sincere gift a girl could ever want. You see, we've had some spectacular Valentine's Days in the past, so it's pretty hard for PC to top himself year after year. On our first Valentine's Day, he wisked me away to the beach and took me out to a very fancy and expensive dinner and then we walked along the boardwalk/beach in the moonlight. Pretty romantic - huh? We've visited all of the MOST ROMANTIC venues in Baltimore. Several times he has had roses and candy waiting at our table at these restaurants. He's no slouch in the romance department, my Prince Charming. That is why today's gift is so amazing and truly appreciated. I dare say that it tops all of the other Valentine's Day surprises.

What, you ask, did this prince of a man do for me? Were there diamonds on my morning coffee? Nope. Were there rubies or emeralds in my morning mimosa? Sadly - no. (No to the jewels AND the mimosa unfortunately) Is there an all day appointment booked at the spa for me? Negative on that one too. No, my loyal readers - after 19 years of togetherness - PC really and truly knows not only what I want...but he also knows exactly what I need. And I had a big-time need this morning.

You see, as I awoke and opened my eyes - the need for my morning cup of life-giving fluid...coffee - gripped me like a shark grips a surfer's arm. So, I heaved myself out of bed, dragged my weary bones downstairs and popped my hazelnut KCUP into the machine of happiness. As I sat down to enjoy my delicious cup of joyfulness - I turned my head and gazed into the dining room. Where what to my wondering eyes should appear?

Evidence of a large gastro-intestinal EXPLOSION courtesy of my 13year-old Golden Retriever, Dixie. Gross does not even BEGIN to describe what I saw. And it was everywhere. Now, this is nothing NEW for Dixie - it generally happens once or twice a year. But this time it was so utterly gross and disgusting that the thought "I just can't do this today" overcame me. I'd rather tear the carpet up from the floor than clean that stuff out of it. Seriously. So, in an act of undying, unconditional and unyielding love - PC came downstairs - all dressed for work, got on his hands and knees and cleaned it all up for me. Every last drop. And because of that - I hereby declare that PC is officially OFF the hook for any flowers or candy hearts this year. I'm serious. Enough is enough. PC - spend your lunch hour EATING and surfing the net. No need to hit the mall and stand in line at Godiva or Hallmark or wherever else you needed to go today. Cleaning up gallons of doggie poop earns you the right to spend an hour on ITunes...or wherever it is that you go.

Now for those of you who have not been married for a very long time, you might think that I am giving in and giving up waaay to easily. I mean - cleaning up dog poop is part of dog ownership - right? Yes it is - and PC is the official pooper scooper over here. But I see Dixie's latest adventures in gastro-intestinal distress as a metaphor for the past 6 weeks of our lives. Poor PC has had to clean up alot of proverbial poop lately. And he's handled it all without a word of complaint or frustration or bitterness. He's plastered a smile on his face and done all of the birthday party duty, grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning up, childcare, petcare and wife-care with amazing strength, dignity and courage. He has had to shoulder an unimaginable burden - largely on his own without the usual support of HIS Valentine. And for that - I will be eternally grateful. There is no box of heart-shaped chocolates that is big enough to express my gratitude to him. He truly deserves his pseudonym of PC for Prince Charming in this blog. He never fails to ride into my life on his white steed and rescue me from one disaster or another. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive - and let's face it - HOT husband.  So PC - thanks for loving me through thick and thin, for my beautiful babies - all 3 of them, for all of my jewelry, and for the past 19 wonderful, romantic, love-filled Valentine's Days. You have made ALL of my dreams come true - even the dreams that I didn't know that I could dream. I love you more than you could ever imagine.




No comments:

Post a Comment