Welcome to One Busy Momma! The Blog for Busy Moms by one Busy Mom.....

Welcome to my blog. One Busy Momma is my space to rant about my life and the things that happen in it. I have a crazy life - and instead of focusing on the crazy - I like to focus on the funny. Because if I focused on the craziness - well, I'd have been shipped off to an institution long, long ago. And while, I'll admit, there are some days when being institutionalized sounds PRETTY GOOD compared to making ANOTHER diorama at 1am - I'd rather be right where I am - in my messy house with my not so perfect kids making crooked dioramas in the middle of the night.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Musings on The Real Housewives of NJ

Summertime is officially here! Wa-HOOO! No more pencils, no more books and no more HOMEWORK to deal with. Ahhh yes - summer has begun and Busy Momma is very happy! And with summer comes the last few episodes of my FAVORITE trashy tv show - The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Has anyone else been watching this season? It has been an eye-opener.

So, if you know me, you know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Theresa Guidice. Theresa is the over-the-top housewife who famously flipped the table at the end of the first season. She is loud, brash, tacky and has a set of ca-hones on her that would rival ...well.....anyone's! She and her husband Joe spent the entire first season of the show spending ooo-gobs of money on their new palatial home. This house has more marble and crystal and other expensive touches than the Vatican. It's just like Theresa - 100% Italian, beautiful and completely over-the-top. And unfortunately, it is also a home that the Guidice family could not afford. Hence their legal and finacial troubles that have been splashed all over every newspaper on the East Coast. Theresa and Joe had to declare bankruptcy, there was talk of Joe serving a prison sentence and there were reports of an incredible auction where all of Theresa's finery would be available to the highest bidder.

This season, we see a very different Theresa and Joe. Gone are the shopping sprees, lavish parties and the wads of cash. Theresa is bringing home the bacon, writing cookbooks, making appearances and sitting at book signings. And Joe? Well, sadly, Joe is flipping pizzas at a local pizza place to make ends meet. And while, I'm sure, many people are LOVING watching how the mighty have fallen - it just makes me really sad.

I'm not sad that they had to declare bankruptcy - they made mistakes and now they are paying for them. What makes me sad is how Theresa is dealing with her troubles...or more to the point - NOT dealing with them. She seems to be in complete denial about her current reality. Her MO seems to be Deny, Deny, Deny. No - there is NO auction...No we are NOT in foreclosure...No No No...nothing to see here... Meanwhile, every newspaper seems to tell quite a different story.

And then there is the family fued she is having with her crazy brother Joe. Is it me, or is Joe's wife Melissa enjoying Theresa's money troubles a bit too much? She seems to glean pure joy out of talking about Theresa's downfall and her money woes. I understand that there are two sides to every story, and I'm sure Theresa has not been polishing her halo for the past several years...but isn't this a time when your family should gather around you and HELP you? I mean, OK - Theresa DID throw Melissa's store-bought sprinkle cookies in the garbage can...not classy. However - Joe and Melissa seem to be enjoying watching Theresa and Joe suffer. And that is just heartbreaking to watch.

I don't know why I love Theresa as much as I do. Maybe it's the passion she has for her family, her babies, her husband and her friends.  Maybe Theresa is representative of the inner Jersey Girl that STILL lives deep inside of me...the girl who longs to be Bling-ier and Show-ier. Maybe it's because she makes up words like Bubbies, Sang-which or my personal favorite: Cleanse-ey. Or maybe it's because she has the balls to say what she says and flip tables. Who knows...all I know is that my Sunday evenings are much more interesting when I'm watching Theresa and her crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment