Welcome to One Busy Momma! The Blog for Busy Moms by one Busy Mom.....

Welcome to my blog. One Busy Momma is my space to rant about my life and the things that happen in it. I have a crazy life - and instead of focusing on the crazy - I like to focus on the funny. Because if I focused on the craziness - well, I'd have been shipped off to an institution long, long ago. And while, I'll admit, there are some days when being institutionalized sounds PRETTY GOOD compared to making ANOTHER diorama at 1am - I'd rather be right where I am - in my messy house with my not so perfect kids making crooked dioramas in the middle of the night.

Monday, April 5, 2010

What part of EASTER CANDY don't you understand?

So - for those of you who give a hoot - I'm still P90X-ing. Still sore - but in a good way. Haven't seen a big big weight loss. I was hoping to be down a good 25 pounds by now. Seeing as I've only P90X-ed for a week, I'm rethinking that goal. It might have been a bit too aggressive. I have lost about 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks - so I think that is pretty good progress.

Now - I have to work on the OTHER part of the equation - the eating part. So, in typical Mary fashion - I've decided to make a radical change. I've decided to try to eliminate sugar from my diet. Not good sugar - like from fruit - but the bad, refined stuff. Like the stuff that makes life liveable and enjoyable. I didn't just decide to do this lightly. I've been reading about clean eating and how wonderful it is for you. People who espouse this type of diet claim that ditching the sugar and all processed foods from your diet makes you feel great, energetic, and well. These people also claim that ditching the sugar and the processed crap has helped clear up their skin, improved their sex lives and basically helped pounds "melt" away.

Now I do not for one moment think that anything I do will help pounds MELT away. However - I know that I am totally addicted to sugar. I'm like a junkie. I need something sweet at the end of every meal. I need chocolate like a addict needs a hit. And that can't be good for me. So - I'm trying it. I don't think I'll ever be able to be "sugar free" for the rest of my life. I don't think that is realistic. I do want to see how long I can keep it up.

So far it's been about 7 hours and I'm really, really wanting to dive into the kid's Easter baskets. WHy oh WHY did I pick a week that is basically dipped in chocoalte to start this experiment? There are 4 chocolate rabbits, 2 chocolate duckies and 2 chocoalte baseball players sitting in baskets in this house right now. Argh - I need to stop thinking about it. My goal is to get through 3 days. Isn't there some sort of rule that says that once you've lived without sugar for 3 days, you won't crave it anymore? Please - somebody say yes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment